01 August 2013

Steam Summer Sale- see also: why I haven't updated

Yes, I know my final write up on my 2013 system build is long overdue, and yes, I am working on it right now. However, the Steam summer sale absorbed an inordinate amount of time (and money) such that I now realize it's been almost a month since I put any new content on Telefpreen.

I'll be brief so I can get back to the details of my 2013 rig. I sold my Xbox 360 and converted the cash into steam cards at Gamestop. I hardly played the 360 any more so it wasn't that huge of a sacrifice, and I'm more and more beginning to like the convenience of Steam. I've also lost a lot of confidence in Microsoft as far as consoles go, and I think it speaks volumes that I would never trade my PS3 for a pile of almost $200 in steam cards.

That said, here's a list of some of the stuff I got during the sale and will be playing soon and/or hopefully sharing my thoughts on:

  • Borderlands 2 Season Pass DLC
  • Carrier Command: Gaea Mission
  • Chivalry
  • Dishonored
  • Far Cry 3 and Blood Dragon
  • Kerbal Space Program
  • Operation Flashpoint: Red River
  • PAYDAY
  • RAGE
  • Receiver
  • Strike Suit Zero

No comments:

Post a Comment